When you apply for disability, a disability lawyer can significantly increase your chances of approval.
Up to 70% of all initial applications get denied.
Having a disability lawyer can increase your chances of receiving disability benefits up to 50%.
When to Contact a Disability Lawyer
The sooner you contact a disability lawyer the better. If you have questions about the initial application process, you can call an attorney and set up a time to go over the procedure, your reason for filing, what to expect, and any other questions you have about the process or benefits you should be receiving.
If you already applied, you can still contact a lawyer and they will help you to figure out what to do to best approach whatever step you are at in the application or appeals process.
Contact A Disability Lawyer Today!
What a Disability Attorney Will Do
Some positives to having a disability lawyer on your side are:
- They will avidly work so that your case is seriously considered and give you the best chances possible at getting awarded
- They will go over your medical history to properly present your case
- They prepare you for questioning that is bound to happen in court
- They gather further evidence from physicians and so on to further prove your case
- They directly ask critical questions at the time of cross-examination
- They can appeal your claim to the federal district court level
- They will NOT miss critical filing deadlines!
Hassle Free & Less Stressful For Everyone!
Most disability lawyers will offer you a free consultation to go over your case. We certainly do! They can also review your denial letter and request your original claim file. The disability lawyer can look through your file and see if you missed any important information that will help your case. They can also see if you made any mistakes in the initial application.
Cost of Hiring a Disability Lawyer
Something else to keep in mind while deciding on hiring a disability lawyer is that they work on contingency. Contingency means your lawyer will only get paid if you win your claim. In the end, your hired lawyer can only receive 25% (up to $6000) of your back pay for their fees.
Feel free to do your research on lawyers. There is a long road ahead of you! Most Disability lawyers will gladly do a free initial review of your claim. Doing so will open up the opportunity early on to decipher the good and the bad of your original claim.
Give us a call if you need assistance, we’d love to help you figure out your next step.